Sunday, May 25, 2014

Exploring the Domes

Yesterday my mom and grandma came to visit me and explore a bit of Milwaukee. My mom has been talking about seeing the Mitchell Park Conservatory (The Domes) in Milwaukee for forever. So I thought it was about time that we took the plunge and saw what they were all about.

Mitchell Park Horticultural Conservatory, "The Domes"

Source

Basically they are three separate conservatories that guests can walk through and explore what kinds of plants thrive in different climates. First we explored the "Show" dome, which is actually local Wisconsin plants and switches themes throughout the year. Next, we wandered through the "Arid" dome, which contained more cacti than I thought existed. It was quite crazy. Finally, we went through the "Tropical" dome. I was in heaven, it was absolutely beautiful. I tried to pretend that I had escaped to a tropical island for a bit, it was that marvelous. Needless to say I snagged a few pictures of flowers I thought were extraordinary.

I hope you enjoy! And if you ever get the opportunity to visit Milwaukee, make sure you check out The Domes!




(Disclaimer: I was in no way compensated for this post, I am just delighted to share a bit of loveliness you can find in Milwaukee :)

No comments:

Post a Comment